Volunteer with the ISHR
- Do you want to use your time in a useful way?
- Do you want to do something for weak people?
- Do you want to do something for people who are persecuted and discriminated because of their religion, their political attitude or because of their nationality?
If you wish to do so, the International Society of Human Rights (ISHR), which is located in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, is the right place for you!
Duration of employment: between 6 to 24 months
Hours per week: full time; part time possible for people who are at least 28 years old (at least 20 hours/week)
Conditions: being sociable, commitment, being able to deal with stress, being interested in current world affairs, knowledge of foreign languages (appreciated), driving licence (appreciated) having fun when writing articles, willingness to work at events concerning human rights
Fields of work: the press, humanitarian aid, specialize in the affairs of a country, organisation
You will have to do the following tasks
- Planning of meetings, congresses and press conferences, Writing of articles;
- Journalism (doing research, interviewing of witnesses, writing of recordings about other countries);
- Looking after guests, after people who are imprisoned because of political reasons and after people who are interested in the ISHR;
- Preparing and working at places in Frankfurt am Main and Wittlich in the field of humanitarian help (collecting, arranging and packing of goods)
Why we are the right employer for you?
You gain an insight into the work of human right organisations worldwide. We offer a work atmosphere that is friendly and open towards other people. The ISHR is a non-profit and a charitable organisation. That is why we are not interested in doing profit but in helping people in need all around the world. We work idealistically. We work at the base of the declaration of human rights; we do our outmost for the freedom of religion, the freedom of conscience and for the freedom of speech.
You will get an overview about how to do something for human rights when the Federal Volunteer Service has come to an end and about how to advertise for the support of human rights. You will get experience in the fields of journalism, looking for members and in the field of humanitarian aid. You will get pocket money; moreover, we will pay social security costs.
We look forward to reading your enquiries and applications:
Internationale Gesellschaft für Menschenrechte (IGFM)
Deutsche Sektion e.V.
60388 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: ++49-(0)69-420 108-0
Fax: ++49-(0)69-420 108-33